3.03.2008

A meditation on toast & jam



As Finn ate his breakfast this morning he discovered that the best part, and really the only part he wanted was the toast and jam. He devoured the tasty preserves as if he hadn't eaten for days and then became agitated while waiting for C to prepare his next slice.

In a moment of silliness or perhaps divine inspiration I told Finn that he needed to be calm and meditate. I closed my eyes and began to repeat "ohms" in a melodic monk like voice, and sure enough Finn followed suit and began to chant too. I know that Finn isn't the next Dalai Lama or anything like that but if we can prevent him from being half as stressed as C and I then we will be ecstatic.

ooooooohhhhhhhmmmmmmssssssss ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhmmmmmmssssss

Hey it can't hurt, right?

No comments: