10.22.2007

Halloween Past



Normally my laziness trumps my creativity and I end up at home wallowing in my bowl of mini candy bars and declaring that . . . "Next year I'm gonna really do it up right! Yes, sir. "

Here is a shot of me on one of the rare occasions I had enough energy to build a quick little costume for Halloween.

btw, it's a tiki not a tree! If you call it a tree we are gonna have to take it outside and settle this like men. ie. we'll each count how many candies we have in our plastic pumpkins and see who has the most.

UPDATE: Quick Tutorial. To make this tiki costume I went to a fabric store (Joanne's) and bought two 6 ft long by 3 ft wide rolls of 2 inch foam and some adhesive. I think I used epoxy, I know you have to make sure the adhesive doesn't melt the foam, so test it out on a scrap piece of foam. I then applied adhesive down the long edge of both pieces of foam and attached them with gator clips to hold until it dried. Once dried, I had created a tube out of the two long pieces of foam and was ready to draw the tiki. I hand drew the rough edges on the bottom and top and the eyes and mouth. I cut out the holes and used extra pieces of foam to create some depth around the features. I glued those pieces on and once it was dry I took several shades of brown and black spray paint and quickly painted striations down the costume like the bark or ridges in wood.

Thats it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should send the link for the tiki costume to tiki central. i bet tiki freaks would want to know how you made it.